Monday, August 31, 2009

A Poem

My Heart...

My heart looks
My heart sees
My heart knows me.

My heart crawls
My heart wobbles
My heart walks to me.

My heart frowns
My heart cries
My heart screams at me.

My heart smiles
My heart laughs
My heart plays with me.

My heart loves
My heart calls me...
                                ... Momma.


Inspired by this quote I read in a book:
"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous.  
It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking 
outside your body." ~ Elizabeth Stone



4 comments:

Carl&JulieFamilySite said...

Isn't that the absolute truth!? I love this!!

Gamma D said...

Ah.. found you... "YOU" (pointing)

Honey, like what you did on Mother's Day.. the things you said... THIS fills my heart up to the bursting of my ribcage.

I am so thankful to the Cosmos that you are my "heart".. and that you now have your own walking talking dancing singing crying fussing "heart" of your own. The continuity of it absolutely blows my mind...

I love YOU my BooHeart xoxox Mwwwwah

Catie said...

I read that quote before and it couldn't be more true. Nice poem too :D! And I still love that picture of you and Nick.

Monica said...

I have read that quote before and realized the absolute truth of it. I love how you took it one step further with your poem. What a beautiful poem it is and your heart is beautiful too.....